The Birch Hotel was constructed in 1874 as a country house and still retains many of its original features including the oak-panelled lounge with fireplace and the Victorian staircase. In 1986 an extension was added to increase the number of rooms available to guests.
The Birch Hotel is ideal for business or leisure and all 51 en-suite bedrooms have free wireless internet access and flat-screen televisions. There is the Courtyard Restaurant for more formal dining and the Bar and Bistro for informal dining. The hotel has ample free car parking for hotel residents.